Terms, Conditions and Privacy for the W. Stirland Ltd website
Last Updated: June 2018
- The web site is owned and run by W. Stirland Ltd
- This website was designed by Access by Design, http://www.access-bydesign.com
- This document governs the terms and conditions of the use of the services and the privacy provided on the W. Stirland Ltd website
- Please read this document carefully.
- If you are not happy with our terms, conditions and privacy as laid out in this document, please do not use the W. Stirland Ltd website
- If you wish to contact The W. Stirland Ltd website concerning any matter relating to your personal information then please contact us in writing.
- These terms and conditions may be modified from time to time so please check occasionally. Continued use of the website by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions of this document that may happen.
- All material on this website belongs to The W. Stirland Ltd website or its website designers, licensors or third-party contractors.
- All images are copyrighted, either from stock image licensing, graphic design from Access –by Design (as designers) or The W. Stirland Ltd website, itself.
- You may retrieve and display content from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorised use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise, of material obtained through this website
- You acknowledge that the original designers, Access by Design, do not endorse the content of this site after the initial design period has expired (i.e. when the site goes 'live')
- You acknowledge that the original designers, Access by Design or The W. Stirland Ltd website cannot be held responsible for the contents of any website linked to from this website.
- Using hyperlinks to any other service or site from this website is done at your sole risk.
- Any third party website, company or organisation other than the original designer, Access by Design, that links to this web site must not do any of the following;
- create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of this site;
- imply that The W. Stirland Ltd website is endorsing it or its products or services;
- use any of The W. Stirland Ltd website logo or images displayed on The W. Stirland Ltd website web site without permission from The W. Stirland Ltd website
- infringe any intellectual property or other right of any person;
- be a web site that contains content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial.
- RSS may be used but under strict accreditation of source
- The W. Stirland Ltd website reserves the right to request that any link in breach of these terms be removed and to take whatever other action it deems appropriate.
- Access by Design respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our clients to do the same. If The W. Stirland Ltd website has used copyrighted material in the ongoing development of its own site, Access-by Design cannot be held responsible for this. However, as clients are informed of copyright and the internet, we trust that it is usually done in ignorance.
- The clients of Access by Design websites (including The W. Stirland Ltd website) are not web designers and may make mistakes in ignorance.
- If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on The W. Stirland Ltd website web site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the web site contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright, we would ask affected parties to simply contact The W. Stirland Ltd website to remove offending material, rather than taking aggressive action.
- If no response can be had from The W. Stirland Ltd website, please contact Access-by Design at: http://www.access-bydesign.com
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
In using this website:
- You acknowledge that you are using the website at your own risk. The website is provided "as is," and to the extent permitted by applicable law, The W. Stirland Ltd website, Access by Design and its affiliates hereby expressly disclaim any and all warranties, express and implied, including but not limited to any warranties of accuracy, reliability, title, merchantability, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, whether oral, in writing or in electronic form, including but not limited to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained therein or provided by the website
- The W. Stirland Ltd website and Access by Design and its affiliates have taken steps to provide a reliable, secure and fast service. However, neither The W. Stirland Ltd website nor its affiliate do represent or warrant that access to the website will be uninterrupted or that there will be no failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, or that no viruses will be transmitted on the service.
- There are links on The W. Stirland Ltd website to third party web sites which The W. Stirland Ltd website has no control over. The W. Stirland Ltd website accepts no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites. The W. Stirland Ltd website advises you to carefully read 3rd party privacy statements prior to the use of any third party website.
- The W. Stirland Ltd website and its affiliates shall not be liable to you or any third parties for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages allegedly sustained arising out of;
- your access to or inability to access the website, including for viruses alleged to have been obtained from the website;
- your use of or reliance on the website or any of the information or materials available on the websiteThe W. Stirland Ltd website and its affiliates shall not be liable to you or any third parties for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages allegedly sustained arising out of;regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action, even if advised of the possibility of such damages
- In the course of your use of this website, W. Stirland collects and uses data, some of it identified as 'Personal Data'. This policy outlines what data is collected and how it is used.
- Continued use of the website demonstrates that users accept and understand this policy.
- We use industry standard cookies to track and monitor your experience of this website. We do this to improve your experience and the information shown. Data collected does not identify you or any personal information. A cookie is placed on your machine which tells us information including your approximate location (this data might tell us your town but not address), your browser type and which pages were viewed.
- Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you.
- To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
When you make contact with W. Stirland, either via the website contact form, by email or by phone, W. Stirland collects and uses personal information submitted (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) in order to effectively respond to your enquiry. By submitting an enquiry or by signing up to our newsletter updates, you understand and agree to the statements below:
- W. Stirland holds and processes personal information submitted for the purpose of responding to that contact, whether it be from an existing customer or prospective customer, or a sign up to the newsletter. Systems used to hold this information are either web-based and accessed via secure passwords or held on internal systems located in locked premises also with password controlled access.
- W. Stirland acts as a data controller and respects the privacy of individuals and conforms to the applicable laws and regulations on the use of personally identifiable data.
- W. Stirland operates practices and procedures to protect all data submitted and held, protecting it from disclosure, loss, alteration and other inappropriate use.
- After submitting Personal Information to W. Stirland, any individual has the right to request the termination of any or all communications from us and the removal of personally identifiable data; including subscriptions to an email newsletter, or regular contact. In removing data, we reserve the right to maintain minimal information required to ensure that no further contact is made.
- W. Stirland will never sell, exchange or in any way pass on personal information to another party, unless there is a need to do so to complete agreed commercial work or required to do so by a court of law.
- In accordance with UK laws, you may request access to view what information is being held. Please contact us with any concerns.
- Due to the international nature of the Internet, the collecting and processing of your personal information in accordance with The W. Stirland Ltd website privacy document will often involve transferring the data between countries in which The W. Stirland Ltd website and strategic partners are located.
- The W. Stirland Ltd website shall take steps to ensure that any transfer of data to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws provide for a different standard of protection for your personal data than that provided under English law, shall be made subject to contractual arrangements which will require that your data be processed to at least a standard compliant with the Data Protection Act 2018
- This Website has tried to ensure there are security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information but only where possible and practical. Users of this website are expected to take their own security measures, including using a secure, standards compliant browser, ad-blockers, high browser security options, their own firewall, antivirus (including adware protection) and internet browsing protection.
- Although The W. Stirland Ltd website strives to protect your personal information, The W. Stirland Ltd website cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once The W. Stirland Ltd website receives the transmission, The W. Stirland Ltd website makes best efforts to ensure the security on the system.
Any Other Terms
- If the W. Stirland Ltd website runs competitions, free prize draws and promotions on this website. These are subject to additional terms that will be made available at the time.
- For website accessibility, please see our accessibility page
- This document is the complete and entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior agreement, whether written or oral.
- If any provision of this document is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this document, which shall remain in full force and effect.
If you don't agree to the terms, conditions and privacy policies contained in this document please exit the website now.
West Wing, The Granary, Oak Lane, Apuldram, Chichester PO20 7EQ
Tel: 01243 776399
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
To find out more about cookies please follow this link. (Link is www.aboutcookies.org)
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, follow this link (Link is tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)