Chichester Garage Sites 16 housing units across 5 infill sites in Chichester
Client: Hyde Housing
Contract Value: £3.0 million
Duration: 66 weeks
Completion: February 2018
Contract: JCT Design & Build 2011
- Tozer Way – Demolition of 11 existing garages and construction of 2 bungalows with car parking and landscaping.
- Cherry Orchard Way – Demolition of existing garages and construction of 2 bungalows with car parking and landscaping.
- 28-30 Exton Road – Construction of 4 x two-bedroom houses with car parking and landscaping and relocation of on-site substation.
- Sherlock Avenue – Demolition of existing garages and construction of 2 x three-bedroom houses and 4 x one-bedroom flats with car parking and landscaping.
- Barlow Road – Construction of 2 x one-bedroom flats.
This project involved the clearance of five areas of dilapidated garage blocks within Chichester city entre and their replacement with small developments of houses, flats and bungalows for housing association tenants.
All buildings are of traditional masonry construction under tiled roofs and have been built to Secure By Design security standards.
These small infill sites presented various challenges to the team. All sites were in existing densely populated residential areas. Early engagement with neighbours was critical to the success of the project, allowing us to manage access constraints, delivery times, parking control and noise and dust control during construction.